'The most important thing in life is not victory but the battle, the essence is not to have won but to have fought well.'
Every year again we receive a lot of e-mails, messages and personal questions from bands to ask if they could please play at our events and/or BIMFEST, whether or not as opener. Because there are so many offers and the possibilities are limited we decided in 2016 to bring our Dark Demo(n)s concept back to life again. The idea behind these Dark Demo(n)s Nights is to offer bands the opportunity to present themselves to an audience under the best possible circumstances. That means on a proper stage, with professional lighting and sound and with an interested audience. The bonus for the participants is that the Dark Demons Night audience gets to vote which bands they would like to see again at our next BIMFEST. Since 2017 we have also the full support of Peek-a-Boo Magazine who will interview every Dark Demons candidate. What better way is there to promote your band!
We know that some bands are a bit distrustful about this concept because they focus too much on the bonus and see this as a contest while they should actually be focussing on the opportunity to present themselves to their fans under the best possible circumstances and maybe even manage to convince new fans with their work and abilities. And anyway the public vote system is build in such a way that you have to rate each and every band from 1 to 6. Ballot papers that are not filled in completely are discounted. We saw last year that in this way there are no real losers but that the total quantity of votes is very close together. And because we will only select 6 candidates to play the actual Dark Demons Night, and 2 go through, the chances of actually playing BIMFEST are 1/3... imagine that! The horror! :D'
In 2016 Super Dragon Punch!! and Euforic Existence managed to convincingly win over the audience and got the opportunity to open BIMFEST 2016. Something both bands managed succesfully according to the ample audience that whitnessed them.
So if you have a band/project that according to you would fit in the vision of BIMFEST and Dark Demons subscribe as fast as you can by sending us your info at info(at)thisdomainname.be (=this domain is called bodybeats).
Below you can find the general conditions as they were for our Dark Demons Night 2017, so subject to minor changes.
Terms and Conditions - Candidate Dark Demons / Bimfest 2017 opener
- The music must fit the Dark Demons and BIMFEST concept. BodyBeats productions has the right to refuse candidates.
- Available on Saturday, June 17th for performance at the Dark Demons Night
- Available on Friday 15 and/or Saturday, December 16th
- Able to Build-up and build-off the stage set-up within 20 minutes.
- Set list may not exceed 30 minutes. No encores allowed!
- No guest (Living partners will be allowed for free but will get no voting bill).
How the six 'Dark Demon Nights" participants will be selected:
- Reply to this e-mail BEFORE March 1st 2017 with the words "Read, approved and signed, *personal name*, representing* Band Name*
- After receiving the confirmation e-mail BodyBeats will set-up a public voting poll on Facebook with all the participating band names on which everyone can freely vote for their favourite band (s) and from March 1st until March 31st.
- The first six artists, with the most votes, are selected to play the Dark Demons night on June 17th 2017.
Demons Dark Nights practical:
- PA system, basic lights & video projection are provided by BodyBeats Productions.
- Sound technician & lighting technician are provided by Body Beats Productions.
- Build-up and build-off + line-up must be done within 20 min.
- Set length may be no longer than 30 minutes!
- The running order will be determined by drawing lots one hour before opening doors.
- There will be no individual sound checks! Only a short line-check during change-over.
- After break-even each artist will participate in the profits. Ie starting for paying visitor # 61. So the more fans you bring along, the more you can earn!
- Entrance VVK € 8 / @ Doors € 10
How will the BIMFEST 2017 openers be selected?
- Every paying visitor receives a voting form on which he/she has to record his/her appreciation for EACH of the six participating artists. 6 points for the best artist, 1 point for the least good artist. So every band will receive points from every person who’s attending. Incomplete voting forms will be considered void.
- The two artists with the most votes may open BIMFEST 2017. The artist with the most votes may choose his performing date.
- Fee € 100 + catering + drinks
- No guest-list / only living partners
- 30 min sound check
- Set length 30 min max!
- No Hotel will be provided
- No travel cost costs
- No back-line costs